When can I start working?
You must be aged 15 years to start paid work (not 14 years and 9 months). There are some exceptions including being employed by a family businesses, or working in the television industry. You can start looking for work before you turn 15 and can also apply for a Tax file number as well.
Year 9 - resources for Health Careers
Here are some fantastic links to Health careers, training and work experience:
- Allied Health Professions - CAREERS
- Pathways to Becoming a Health Professional - CAREERS
- How to become a doctor - CAREERS
- Work experience for year 10 - Hands on Health program
- Volunteering with St John's Ambulance - Youth membership